The first thing you’ll need is a moist hand towel or napkin, cuticle remover, cuticle oil, and a cuticle pusher. There are several methods for applying cuticle removers below.
- Choose a metal pusher, an orangewood stick, or another tool of choice.
- Remove any nail polish or gel coating from the nails.
- Allow the solvent to run down the cuticle.
- Allow the cuticle remover to work for approximately 30 seconds before pushing your cuticles back.
- Push your cuticles back with a cuticle pusher or an orangewood stick in one continuous motion.
- Remove the remaining dead skin with a clean, damp towelette.
- Cuticle oil may be used to the area surrounding your nails.
How to make cuticle remover at home?
I’ve compiled a list of the most effective and easiest techniques for safely removing the cuticle, as well as some that you may do with stuff around the house!
Method 1: Take Shower or Bath
Trimming may produce more hangnails, jagged edges, and even infection. Instead, allow the heat in the shower or bath to naturally soften your cuticles after this gently push them back with your thumbnail.
Method 2: Oil, Soap, and Water
The second method of making cuticle remover is that, wash your hands, nails, and cuticles with soap and warm water. Instead of drying your hands off, most people apply some oil to their nails. Cuticle oil or any other type of moisturizing oil may be used. To get rid of all the excess dry cuticle using a nail brush or exfoliating sponge after pushing back the cuticle gently.
Method 3: Baking Soda and Honey
Take one tablespoon baking soda and one honey, then mix into a paste. Apply the paste to your cuticles and wait a minute. Use a cuticle pusher to push back and shape your nails.
Method 4: Apple Cider Vinegar
All you must do is soak your fingertips in a bowl of apple cider vinegar for 5-10 minutes and push back your cuticles. Apple cider vinegar will also eliminate any germs or bacteria on your cuticles so it is best for cuticle remover, lowering the risk of infection.
Method 5: Lemon and Olive Oil
You must do soak your nails in lemon for a minute, then apply some olive oil, push back your cuticles with a cuticle pusher, and you’re ready to go.
What are the different types of cuticle tools?
There are several tools for cuticle remover:
- Cuticle nipper
- Nail cutter
- Nail clipper